|Vegetarian Burritos with a side of Vegetarian Refried Beans and Sour Cream|
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet Onion (Diced)
- 1 Can of Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes (Slightly Drained)
- 10 oz. Vegetable Crumbles (We used Morning Star Farms brand.)
- 1 Pkg Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 C Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Burrito Sized Tortillas
- Sour Cream (Optional)
- Guacamole (Optional)
- Salsa (Optional)
- Lettuce (Optional)
- Tomato (Optional)
In a large skillet heat the oil. Add the onions to sauté for 3-5 minutes on medium to medium high heat. Stir in the canned tomatoes and continue to simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Stir in the Vegetable Crumbles and the taco seasoning. Reduce the heat and simmer for at least 5 more minutes.
As this simmers, begin to warm the tortillas by first sprinkling with water and then placing them between two paper towels. Microwave the tortillas for 20-25 seconds. The tortillas should be very soft and pliable.
Add the cheese to the veggie mix and stir it in until melted. Spoon about 3/4 of a Cup of the mixture into the center of each tortilla. Fold the tortilla at both ends and then roll it closed. Garnish with Salsa, Sour Cream, Lettuce, and/or Tomatoes.
* Other options to add variety to this meal include stuffing the burritos with Spanish Rice and/or Refried or Black Beans along with the ingredients listed above.
** For a spicier flavor, use Zesty Jalapeno Diced Tomatoes, add Jalapenos to the veggie mixture, or add Tabasco.
*** You can really cut out some calories, fat, sodium and add nutrients by using: Reduced Fat Sour Cream; Reduced Fat Cheese; Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning, and Whole Grain Tortillas.